Then He commaned the multitudes to sit down on the grass. And He took the five loaves and two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke and gave the loaves to the disciples; and the disciples gave it to the multitudes.
Matthew 14:19

Monday, February 2, 2009

CookBook Quotes

The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful Mama who has homeschooled me. As part of my school I am making a cookbook. We have a lot of cookbooks and we don't use all of them, so, Mama has assigned me to go through them all and find recipes that our family would like. One of the cookbooks we have a is called The Basics and More Cookbook. It is great! It is kind of big, but, it has a lot practicale recipes in it. One thing that I really like about it is that, at the bottom of some of the pages there are quotes. As I was going through it today, I ran accross some and wanted to share some of my favorites with you all!

People may doubt what you say, but they will always beleive what you do.

A smooth sea never made a good sailor.

Plan as if Christ's return were years away, but live as if it were today.

A little leak may sink a great ship.

If you say nothing, nobody will repeat it.

Practice makes perfect, so be careful what you practice.

Parenting is the art of bringing up children without putting them down.

And I will end with this one,

Life is Gods gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to God.

I know that there is no way we could give God any kind of gift that would be sufficient for His love to us, but, the least we can do it try.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

This is such a special blog! I love to watch how the Lord is taking your life and shaping it into an awesome testimony for Him. You are such a blessing in the kitchen. What great fun we are going to have in the years ahead, trying to keep three growing boys and all their friends fed :)

I love you!
Mama

Leah-Joy said...

I can't wait! It will be a joy to see them enjoy what we have prepared for them!

Melanie said...

What a neat project!

Thanks for the quotes, they hold lots of wisdom.

I love old cookbooks.

Anonymous said...

Those are great quotes. I love to sit and look through cookbooks and find something new to try!