Then He commaned the multitudes to sit down on the grass. And He took the five loaves and two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke and gave the loaves to the disciples; and the disciples gave it to the multitudes.
Matthew 14:19

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yellow Cake with Butter Pecan Sauce

Butter Pecan Sauce

  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 1 cup pecan pieces
  • 1 cup browm sugar
  • 1/3 cup ream or evaporated milk
  • 1/4 cup corn syrup

In a heavy sauce pan melt butter. Add pecans and heat till lightly yoasted and butter lightly brown. Stir in remaining ingrediants. Cook gently until sugar is dissolved. Do not over cook. serve warm or cold.

Yellow Cake

  • 2 cups flour
  • 3 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 cup iol
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1tsp. vanilla
  • 2 eggs

Sift together dry ingrediants. Mix, with electric mixer all other ingr. Then add dry ingr. and mix. Pour into greased 9x13 and bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes.

After the cake has cooled take a wooden spoon and with the handle, poke holes all over the cake and then pour the sauce over the cake! YUM (we all think that it tastes better after it has sat for a day so the sauce has had time to soak in!)!!!




There is a whole in it because before I took a picture of it I sent some to my aunt and uncle.

THIS WAS A HUGE HIT WITH US!!! And I do have to say so myself, it is really good if you are into pecans and carmel! I sure am!!!!
Happy cooking!
Joy.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

This is my new favorite cake :)
It will be a hit at the Wedding Breakfast, too. Thank you for blessing us with your talent in the kitchen. Thank you for sharing your gifts with friends and neighbors. I am praying for your mission project, that your desire for everyone to have food will touch many, many lives. I love you dearly and am blessed to be your
Mama

Tara said...

This looks terrific, Leah-Joy. I can't wait to try it! Thanks.