Then He commaned the multitudes to sit down on the grass. And He took the five loaves and two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke and gave the loaves to the disciples; and the disciples gave it to the multitudes.
Matthew 14:19

Monday, February 9, 2009

Day1 for Mama in Ghana: They are just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Update from Mama who is in Ghana!

WOW! A long flight, no sleep, freezing cold plane, great company on the plane and nice conversations - it is all like a dream. The attendants were very kind. Maybe it was just me, but the whole world was happy!! We arrived in Ghana to 75 degree temp with a nice breeze. Our driver is Donny,and is just great. We got some bread and water, and then came straight to Eban House. We interrupted school. I held Jubilee first, and Uncle Bobby held Jesse. Then we held them both, took lots of pictures, said lots of "I love you" s and just tried to actually believe that we are here. In less than 5 minutes, Jesse had my sunglasses on his head and knew how to operate the camera. Jubilee never left my lap, and I could feel her little arm around my back. She seems lighter but taller than Jesse. Jesse has a twinkle in his eye that reminds me of Levi. He is smart and active, and loved the books, Hope. They all did. Jesse brought the books out one at a time to the wooden table to his friends. He really shares well. the driver had to take us to the Guest House to unload our bags, and then we walked back. When I walked through the living room area to go to the office to email home, I heard a little voice saying, "Mama...." and Jesse and Jubilee were walking towards me. Uncle Bobby smiled and said, "That was sweet!" And it was. There are so many things that are so different. Lots of markets out in the open. Lots of people walking around with baskets on their heads. The main thing is that I am with the babies. They are so beautiful. They are so sweet. We are very blessed to have these two precious ones in our lives. They keep looking at the pictures over and over. Jubilee likes the upstairs dormer windows. Muna showed Jesse the picture of Eben and Daddy, and Jesse pointed and said, "MY Daddy." Jubilee loves to be held. Jesse likes to be close, too, but he is a busy boy. This is a wonderful day. I'm in Africa. It is a beautiful place. The people are so sweet. Jesse has been sitting by my side while I use the office lap top. He told me he wants a biscuit - it's from seeing the cooking pictures. He is tired of waiting, so I'm going to go for now.

No comments: